crzyjunyer

Ace Brand 30 Min Epoxy

You can use any brand of longer curing time epoxy but check out the label or decription- look to see if dries clear. Devcon does but others will say dry transparent amber. If you dont' mind color shift to yellow or ambe it should work but if you want a true clear finish Devcon is preferred.

I have a hard time finding Devcon, but have used several other brands as long as it isn't the 5 minute type. Super Glue makes a good one that sets in 30 minutes. I can't tell it is any better than any other. Just look at the color of the two parts and go with the clear drying type like Edl mentioned. Musky Glenn

thanks for the help guys - i was able to find some of the devcon at a local shop i hadnt thought of off a reccomendation from a coworker - i just got 5 old lures coated with it afte basecoating them white for practice purposes (seal, paint, wash off, repeat) i have 2 rattletraps, 2 of my fave lipped crankbaits, and a pop-r curing now - i figure taht will give me some practice on diffrent lures to paint

btw - i talked to the folks at my local ACE and they could order me the devcon in a day or so but id have to order and get a whole box of 6 packs of it

Edited by crzyjunyer

If you don't mind ordering epoxy online I would suggest you try Bob Smith Slow Cure epoxy. (30 minute) I switched to it from D2T on a suggestion from The_Rookie and like it much better. It seems to have a longer working time than D2T. It dries clear and hard and either I'm getting better at applying epoxy or it doesn't have as many bubble issues as D2T. I buy mine in the 9 oz. size. And I believe it's a little cheaper than D2T.

here's the link,

Ben

http://stores.aeromicro.net/Categories.bok

If you don't mind ordering epoxy online I would suggest you try Bob Smith Slow Cure epoxy. (30 minute) I switched to it from D2T on a suggestion from The_Rookie and like it much better. It seems to have a longer working time than D2T. It dries clear and hard and either I'm getting better at applying epoxy or it doesn't have as many bubble issues as D2T. I buy mine in the 9 oz. size. And I believe it's a little cheaper than D2T.

here's the link,

Ben

http://stores.aeromi.../Categories.bok

I second Ben this is good stuffstuff and is also carried at Hobbytown USA and they have stores in a lot of states 3 in AL and a bunch in TX and if you cant pick it up it can be shipped from your closest one.

I also noticed less or no bubbles with this epoxy

Edited by hillbilly1

here's the link,

Ben

http://stores.aeromi.../Categories.bok

Good info here. I was looking at that same brand about a month ago but I didnt buy it out of fear of it yellowing.

Now I can buy larger supplies locally. Thanks