2TBone

Paint

8 posts in this topic

Guy,s

Can anyone tell me where I can get the pearl base coat like the stuff they use on the old Bagley Balsa baits. I shoot lacquer paint if this makes a difference.

Thanks

2TBone

Guy,s

Can anyone tell me where I can get the pearl base coat like the stuff they use on the old Bagley Balsa baits. I shoot lacquer paint if this makes a difference.

Thanks

try your local automotive paint supply. you can buy pearl powders. mix with clear,,,or try createx pearlescents.]

Guy,s

Thanks

2TBone

Thanks woodieb8

From the look and thickness of the paint on the old baits, I would guess those were dipped. Maybe mix pearl powder with latex paint.

Old Bagley baits are the only ones I've seen with that thick pearl white paint as a undercoat. By the way I'm really just guessing here.

Createx auto air has the best pearl white imho, it's thicker than any of the other brands I've tried.

Guy,s

Thanks

2TBone

Guy,s

Thanks

2TBone

BentonB

Thanks for the info will look for some of the powder pearl and see if that will give me that base.

Thanks

BentonB

Thanks for the info will look for some of the powder pearl and see if that will give me that base.

Thanks

There's plenty on e-bay