Chaos For 2011

Separating Sebile Swimbait Sections

Its almost imposable they have a lip in the seam and its imposable to separated with out compromising the integrity of the bait Iv tried. Most of the baits on the market now have this lip to increase the surface area of the seam for a stronger bond between segments.

Edited by hillbilly1

Matt, I saw in another thread where you mentioned you use rubber bands around the joints. I was wondering when you remove the rubber bands doe the unpainted joint look out of place or funny since the rest of the swimbait is painted?

Just wondering. I've been asked to paint a swimbait for someone and been trying to figure out the joint issue.

I use 'bands on all jointed baits. If you use a thin 'band you will hardly notice the inner joint is not painted. Generally speaking even the factory paint does not get in tight on the joints nor does the clear. An exacto knife handle is the best way to hold lipless jointed baits provided the bait is small enough.

Edited by gunnie3035