NMELO

Help For Some Bass Patterns Airbrush

Hi,

I´m new in painting bass crankbaits with airbrush, and i use createx colors.

The firts lures i have painting are with spray, but are very dificult and the final result are not the better !

I participate in some local bass tournament and i want paint some lures in patterns i like.

Now i want paint some patterns like:

- sexy shad

- Foxy Shad

- Jackall TN 70 kinkuro color: http://www.ebay.com/...=item518fdf9986

Someone can help me to do this 3 patterns (colors i have to use) ?

By

Nuno from Portugal

Hi,

I´m new in painting bass crankbaits with airbrush, and i use createx colors.

The firts lures i have painting are with spray, but are very dificult and the final result are not the better !

I participate in some local bass tournament and i want paint some lures in patterns i like.

Now i want paint some patterns like:

- sexy shad

- Foxy Shad

- Jackall TN 70 kinkuro color: http://www.ebay.com/...=item518fdf9986

Someone can help me to do this 3 patterns (colors i have to use) ?

By

Nuno from Portugal

Welcome to TU!!

The sexy shad and foxy shad, I can help you with.

Sexy Shad:

1.Base white

2.Medium grey scaled back and shoulders

3.Your choice of blue down the center of the back

4.Chartreuse lateral line

5.Black kill spot

6.Orange hook hanger or throat

According to what topcoat you are using, epoxies you can add fine glitter to the epoxy for a bit of flash. The foxy shad you just replace the colors from sexy to foxy.

Patrick

Kinkuro - looking at your link, it is obvious that the Kinkuro is mostly gold foil, not paint. There really is no good paint alternative to foil if you want that metallic reflection. I suggest using self-adhesive gold foil like you can find at jonestones.com. It's the easiest, fastest way to put foil on a bait. You can find the foil at the website or at stores that supply stained glass artists. Cut the foil, peel off its backing, smooth it on the bait and then emboss a scale texture on the bait by rolling a knurled handle of a hand tool over the surface. I use the little knurled adjuster knob from a pair of Vise-Grip pliers but a trip to a hardware store or your tool chest may suggest other options. When the foil is ready, paint the bait's margins with your airbrush and clearcoat the bait with epoxy or a waterproof urethane.

Welcome to TU!!

The sexy shad and foxy shad, I can help you with.

Sexy Shad:

1.Base white

2.Medium grey scaled back and shoulders

3.Your choice of blue down the center of the back

4.Chartreuse lateral line

5.Black kill spot

6.Orange hook hanger or throat

According to what topcoat you are using, epoxies you can add fine glitter to the epoxy for a bit of flash. The foxy shad you just replace the colors from sexy to foxy.

Patrick

Thank you Patrick for your help

Can you tell me to, what kind of glitter i have to use and where i can find it ?

Normally i use nail varnish with green flake, because they are very small like i want, but it´s dificult to put in same portion in all entire back lure !

By

Nuno

Thank you Patrick for your help

Can you tell me to, what kind of glitter i have to use and where i can find it ?

Normally i use nail varnish with green flake, because they are very small like i want, but it´s dificult to put in same portion in all entire back lure !

By

Nuno

Your very welcome !!

I buy the very fine glitter at Hobby Lobby. It can be mixed with Devcon 2ton or Etex before brushing on the lure. You may want to expirement with it, because too much added will ruin the paint job. Good luck with your painting and be sure to have fun with it!!

Patrick

I Patrick,

I need one more help ... for clean the airbrush after use devcon 2ton (30 min), what kind of debonder i have to use ?

By

Nuno

I never have sprayed devcon through an airbrush, I always brush it on and then put it on the drying wheel. If it has already hardened in your airbrush, I am not sure. When I spray automotive clear, I use laquer thinner to clean my brush.

Patrick