Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sammy01007

Microspheres

7 posts in this topic

I am looking for a supply of micro shperes where the sipping isn't going to cost me more than the product.....

I wanted to buy some things from McMaster-Carr and am thinking of getting some from them. A 2 quart supply is $20.

AeroMarine sells a product on Amizon for $13 ($20.75 shipped) for 1/2 gallon.

Has anyone used miro shperes from them before? Are all micro sphere created equally or are there quality differences between brands?

I see some people here are using the 3M brand. 3M has a couple different "ratings" of microsheres and offer something called glass bubbles which seem to do the same thing. I have not been able to find a supply of any 3M product less than a 1 gallon supply for $50.

I am looking for a supply of micro shperes where the sipping isn't going to cost me more than the product.....

I wanted to buy some things from McMaster-Carr and am thinking of getting some from them. A 2 quart supply is $20.

Has anyone used miro shperes from them before? Are all micro sphere created equally or are there quality differences between brands?

I see some people here are using the 3M brand. 3M has a couple different "ratings" of microsheres and offer something called glass bubbles which seem to do the same thing. I have not been able to find a supply of any 3M product less than a 1 gallon supply for $50.

Have you tried some of the local hobby stores. I get mine from hobbytown usa i/2 gal for 12 bucks here is a list of hobby stores in your state my be worth a shot or a call

Have you tried some of the local hobby stores. I get mine from hobbytown usa i/2 gal for 12 bucks here is a list of hobby stores in your state my be worth a shot or a call

I went to all the major hobby/craft stores in NYC. Even a place that specializes in sculpting materials. No luck. They all carry a variety if casting and molding materials but no microspheres.

Shopmaninc.com US composites has them...

I have ordered the Aero Marine ones off Ebay and another brand that said ceramic micro spheres. The Aero Marine ones are ok and the other ones sink like a rock. So be careful. I am going to try the 3M ones next when I can find a good decent priced supply.

FYI the Aero Marine ones make my resin baits much "softer" than just resin alone. I would say they are in between balsa and basswood. I dont thru wire them but I know they wouldnt hold up to trophy bass or bigger species. They seem to handle 5-8lbers just fine tho.

Thank you everyone,

When I pu an oder in at McMaster Carr I will try theirs, for now I will stick to my wood baits and trying to make a hollow body lure mold.