NMELO

Best Airbrush For Custom Bass Lures (crankbaits)

Hi,

I´m looking for a new airbrush, but are many models in the market !!!

The Iwata, seems to be the best, but are many models.

I need help for chose the best model for paint my crankbaits, with createx colors.

Who have a god airbrush for this job and experience, can tell me your opinion about a airbrush to bought ?

By

Nuno

At the top of the hardbait forum page is a "Search" box. Type in Airbrush and click on the mag glass. You will get 3 pages of postings about airbrushing baits. What is best is relative to what you are intererested in doing, how much money you want to spend, what is available, what paints you plan to use, what air supply you have available and the ambient temperature conditions. Like fishing lures - there are many kinds and many colors - so too are airbrushes. So search out the many answers and make your decision. I have 3 airbrushes - Iwata HP-CS, Paache VL and Harder & Steenbeck Ultra One. All three are good airbrushes. Each had different needle and line sizes and used for different purposes. You can also internet search airbrush and find 'tons' of information. Buying airbrushes is like buying a car- many, many kinds. Which one is "best" depends on the driver and what he wants to do. My opinion is buy one and practice, practice and do more practice. Soon you will learn and feel the airbrush and get results you want.

Nuno, if I used only one airbrush, it would have a .3mm tip size and a small gravity feed cup. That tip is big enough to do color basecoats and shoot heavy pearls and flake paints but small enough for some decent detail work and shading. For me, it's "right sized" for crankbaits. A majority of users find gravity feed airbrushes easier to use, easier to clean, and require less air pressure to atomize paint. One model I like is the Iwata Revolution B model. It's high quality, has the above specs, and a very moderate price. But there are lots of brands and models to choose from. The choices in your area may differ from what's available here in the U.S.

Hi,

Thank´s for your opinion, but where i can buy this model ( Iwata Revolution B model ) ?

I try in ebay, but is dificult for me to find it, because are many models but are not right with this name for several shop´s "model B" !!!

Can you help me with a correct reference to find it better and easy in ebay ?

If aren´t in ebay, can you help with other store name ?

By

Nuno

http://www.ebay.com/itm/IWATA-Revolution-HP-BR-Gravity-AIRBRUSH-Nails-FREE-HOSE-/390337242344?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5ae1e9a4e8

Nuno, above is an Ebay ad for the Revolution BR, which is what I was referring to - sorry for leaving off the "R". There are lots of Iwatas on Ebay to browse, you may find another model that you like better but I think any Iwata with a .3mm or .35mm tip is the best size. Within each basic Iwata model, there are various choices for the size of the paint reservoir and whether it is a gravity or a siphon feed. For crankbaits, I find the 1/16oz gravity feed cup is perfectly adequate. Small enough not to get in the way, large enough that one cup of paint is usually enough to color basecoat a crankbait. If you also want to use the airbrush for larger projects, you might opt for a larger paint reservoir.

Saint - From a few posts here on TU, I understand that the NEO is made in China (or outside of Japan in the Far East somewhere) so Iwata can market a lower priced model. I haven't seen many posts about the NEO because it is a relatively new airbrush model. You might check on airbrush websites for more about them. I have high confidence in Iwata quality control based on using a couple of their airbrushes. But frankly, having them made outside Japan gives me pause and I'd want to see more user reviews before getting one.

Thanks Bob

Was curious about the NEO b/c it has interchangeable gravity feed cups. Kinda liked the idea of that.

I have NEO and it works great for everything that I do! At $60.00 you cant beat it, but I also have a Paashe single action with three tips, I use it for my pearls.

Jeff