buckwheat12n

Devcon 2 Ton ...how Many Coats Do You Typically Apply?

11 posts in this topic

Real quick question. Just curious how many coats of D2T most of you typically apply to your Musky/Pike crankbaits? I've been going with 2 coats but didn't know if 3 would make that much of a difference durability wise.

I use to use the stuff and one coat is plenty. That stuff is like a rock when it cures totally and it adds a lot of weight to lures. I use DN because I don't have that problem with the weight. Just make sure to mix it really well before using it.

It also depends how much you thin it, on PVC I thin mine to all most a milk viscosity with one coat and with wood a little thinner than a stock mix and still just one coat.

Just one coat. Applied liberally all over the bait, nose to tail, smooth strokes.

1 person likes this

What are you thinning it with Hillbilly, if you don't mind sharing the recipe? I would very much like to safely thin sometimes, especially for a second coat.

Denatured alcohol I mix the DA in the A and B before mixing. As for the mix ratio others will differ but mine is 1/8oz of DA per oz of epoxy. You also have to be aware of ambient heat in the room.If its warm I only thin a little if its cool I do the hole 1/8th oz.

Dosent the dev turn yellow quick in the sun? I use etex but wish it was harder. Dosent turn yellow at all just gets punctured by hooks and teeth.