redg8r

8/29/11 Recent Site Maintenance

Hhhmm , ......some more posts have been made in this topic , but I have not received any Email notifications , though I've ticked the approbiate squares under "my settings" and "notification options" , ......the two squares for "list" and "Email" , ....not the one "app" .

I've received Email notifications for personal conversations yesterday , as two fellow members did contact me(ticked these squares as well) , ....but got no notifications for topic replies that were made !

Have I still overlooked something ?

greetz , diemai :yay:

Hhhmm , ......some more posts have been made in this topic , but I have not received any Email notifications , though I've ticked the approbiate squares under "my settings" and "notification options" , ......the two squares for "list" and "Email" , ....not the one "app" .

I've received Email notifications for personal conversations yesterday , as two fellow members did contact me(ticked these squares as well) , ....but got no notifications for topic replies that were made !

Have I still overlooked something ?

greetz , diemai :yay:

Did you click "Save Changes" after making your selections? I know that sounds like a dumb question, but sometimes it's the simplest things that we overlook. At least for me.

Ben

:yay:

That's going to be over my head then Dieter. Jerry will have to figure that one out.

good luck,

Ben

Ben , I've received an Email notification , that you have quoted my post(your post # 27 in this thread) , but yet haven't got any notification abou your reply post # 29 in here , ...........very strange indeed .

Gotta look through the notification options again tonite , ......going fishing now !

greetz, Dieter :yay:

One other observation - about speed. It is now taking much longer for me to get a response from the site when I enter its URL. The delay time is usually 15-20 seconds. When I use the "Back to...." button at the bottom of a thread, the wait is often similar.

JMHO, I'm all for HIGH SPEED - LOW DRAG when it comes to websites. I appreciate Jerry eliminating little-used features or anything that detracts from fast and efficient interaction by TU members. A bunch of bells and whistles may be interesting to a few internet junkies but most TUers "just wanna have fun".

Ben , I've received an Email notification , that you have quoted my post(your post # 27 in this thread) , but yet haven't got any notification abou your reply post # 29 in here , ...........very strange indeed .

Dieter,

I "think" that if replies are made while you are on this site, TU will attempt to notify you via a small "popup" window, or whats now called an "inline notification". If your notification are set to your preferences and you didnt get a topic reply email while you were Not on TU, then that is an issue...... let me know if it continues and I'll check your personal settings.

One other observation - about speed. It is now taking much longer for me to get a response from the site when I enter its URL. The delay time is usually 15-20 seconds. When I use the "Back to...." button at the bottom of a thread, the wait is often similar.

JMHO, I'm all for HIGH SPEED - LOW DRAG when it comes to websites. I appreciate Jerry eliminating little-used features or anything that detracts from fast and efficient interaction by TU members. A bunch of bells and whistles may be interesting to a few internet junkies but most TUers "just wanna have fun".

Thank you, I'm all for speed too..... we've seen earlier versions c r a w l, a few times, admittedly were my own fault with over-customization.

The guys who write this software have been intentionally stripping out lesser used items (notice no calendar anymore?) and they've made a conscious decision to rely less and less on images.

There is a timer on the bottom of the site labeled "Exec. Time" (Execution Time) is how long it takes to serve the page. Any more than a few seconds is a problem. The page I'm adding this reply on was:Exec. Time: 0.9968 (Almost 1 second) but it is 2 o clock in the morning :) Network speed and the time it takes to your browser and render are some of the issues I cant control, but if speed in general becomes a problem, rest assured I'll make efforts to speed it up.

I appreciate all the comments,

Jerry (redg8r)

@ redg8r

Yesterday I had received an Email notification on another older thread but not this particular one , ........probably I have forgotten to enable the reply options in here , .......only did it in my personal settings , ..........and in that older thread I had done it before , anyway .

greetz , Dieter :yay:

PS: Just checked back , .......under "more reply options" it says "you are currently following this topic" , .......but yet I have not received any Email notifications on THIS thread !

Notice I quoted you also, so there was 2 separate notification flags that should have been tripped.

That is definitely an issue because your notification settings are all correct.

I'll run it by the developers and see if they are aware of the issue.

Sorry for the trouble, Thanks Dieter, we'll get it fixed for you.

Notice I quoted you also, so there was 2 separate notification flags that should have been tripped.

That is definitely an issue because your notification settings are all correct.

I'll run it by the developers and see if they are aware of the issue.

Sorry for the trouble, Thanks Dieter, we'll get it fixed for you.

Thanks a lot , Jerry ,...........hopefully they'd find the mistake !

Greetz , Dieter :yay:

Jerry. When I log in and select new content, it always defaults to 'pages'. This is useless and always require another click to choose forums. Can you make forums the default?

Dave

"View new content" search is dependent on your location....... if you're in the gallery VNC will search new images, if your on the homepage VNC will search for new pages, if your on the forums VNC will search new posts & so on..... its intended behavior.

If you want to search for new forum posts without visiting the forum, then like Ben said, bookmark a direct link such as:

http://www.tackleunderground.com/community/index.php?app=core&module=search&do=viewNewContent&search_app=forums

Or make the extra click, or even take advantage of our RSS feed to see new posts without even visiting the site.

OK, I understand. Unfortunately, I am having to use internet cafes, as I consider $70 per month way too expensive for internet, so home pages are not an option, but is the way I normally operate. Hoping to find a better provider soon, as this is killing me, sitting on the floor to work a computer.

Dave

Update :

Just starting getting involved into another hardbait topic , ........Email notification works on that one , .......hopefully I would see now , whether it would work on this particular thread as well !

Busy into personal conversations presently , no problems about Email noticications with these either .

Greetz , Dieter :yay:

Edited by diemai

Jerry,

When I click on my avatar and go to my profile, my photo gallery shows no albums.

But when I go to one of my photos in the gallery, and click on my avatar there, it brings up my photos.

Is there a way to have my profile link to them directly, too?

Mark

Edited by mark poulson

I agree its confusing,

the gallery link in your profile is meant to link to your "personal" photo gallery. That's a feature we don't use here, instead we use community wide galleries based on styles of tackle.

I'll look into replacing the link in the profile to be more relevant.

Thanks.

Thanks. I'm always ready to think it's just me.

The back arrow on my computer no longer works for the site, either.

I have to use the site's back feature at the end of the posts. It's just a little inconvenient, because I always forget and hit the back arrow.

I'm sure it's that way to remind me how lousy my memory is every time I do it again. I'm glad computers don't have that annoying GPS navigation voice, or I'd have broken mine by now for laughing at me. Hahaha

Thanks. I'm always ready to think it's just me.

The back arrow on my computer no longer works for the site, either.

I have to use the site's back feature at the end of the posts. It's just a little inconvenient, because I always forget and hit the back arrow.

I'm sure it's that way to remind me how lousy my memory is every time I do it again. I'm glad computers don't have that annoying GPS navigation voice, or I'd have broken mine by now for laughing at me. Hahaha

You don't have to worry about your computer laughing at you Mark. That's our job. :D:P:D

Ben

Jerry,

The "no albums" comes up when I click on other members' avatars, too.

It makes finding their stuff really hard. I have to go through the gallery photos page by page until I find one of their photos, and then click on it.

Once I do, their avatar leads me to all their photos, but it is a nightmare.

And the search feature in the gallery doesn't help.

Any chance you'll be able to restore the gallery contact in the avatars?

Mark