cheapskate

Old Bass Magnet Lure,

An AR, wildlife biologist introduced me to to the "greatest Small Mouth Creek Lure" he had ever used. He bought a bunch of blanks in the 70 or 80 and painted them up and they always worked. He said that the lure disappeared despite its success. His only guess was because Largemouth Bass took over the scene in the 80's and the lure does not work in ponds or lakes. As far as I can tell it is the old Billy Westmorland Bass Magnet lure. Which may have been bought out by Bass Hunter lures. (not the newest one though). Does any one know where to get blanks or a mold to make this lure.

Have any of you used the Bass Magnet and is it worth reproducing.

Edited by bjgshop

is this what you are looking for

http://www.normanlur...ducts/view/6/52

Yeah these do look similar to the one I have. Different paint though. I might still try to reproduced them a little cheaper then what they have here so I will be able to sink them straight down into the rocks were the fish are.

Thanks May need these for models

Yes, I have used the original Bass Magnet lures.  They were made in Indiana (maybe Muncie by Bass Hunter).  I always believed they were endorsed by Billy Westmoreland.  I have looked and looked for these baits. You may be able to find them on eBay, that's where I would find them.  I heard that the mold was sold to Norman (and eventually Pradco).  Like a lot of really good lures, they have been discontinued.  I did find some on eBay that appeared to be airbrushed by a seller listed as Hunter Boys.  I bought a few of their magnets. I never used them because they are works of art.  Can't find the seller or Bass Magnets anymore. I have seen Norman lures listed as Sand Shrimp. If you try and find them on the internet, they are discontinued.  I belong to a fishing club and many of the older guys remember them and loved them.  Most say that the paint was different when Norman took them over.  Anyway, I will still search for them and bid on them (if they are reasonably priced).  I wish they came back.  Another lure I wish they'd remake is the original Rebel Wee-Rs, in the original brown crawdad color, orange belly.  Johnson Beetle Shad, 2" in Pearl Black is another discontinued bait.  Seems like all the good baits are discontinued.  I found this site looking for history on the original Bass Magnet.  Good luck y'all!