maachuu

When Painting A Crankbait, How Is The Best Way

to get the "splatter" effect ? I have turned my air pressure way down but I get a few of globs (which is what I want) but I get more of the fine spray. I cant seem to get my air down low enough on the airbrush to do a consistent splatter job. I am using a Badger Patriot 105 and a Badger Renegade Velocity to attempt this with. I am trying to get the effect of the bait on the right more and less of the bait on the left effect.

thanks

Larry

DSCN0479.JPG

DSCN0479.JPG

DSCN0479.JPG

DSCN0479.JPG

DSCN0479.JPG

DSCN0479.JPG

DSCN0479.JPG

DSCN0479.JPG

post-25158-0-77545500-1315449381_thumb.jpg

Edited by maachuu

One way of doing it is to hold a popsicle stick or tongue depressor in one hand and direct your spray at an angle on the end of the stick allowing it to make a puddle of paint that then blows onto the surface of your bait. (68Kingfisher's method)

Another way is to cut a short piece ( approx. 1") of drinking straw and stick it on the end of your brush. When you hit the trigger paint will puddle up inside the straw and blow out onto your bait much the same was as described above. (Hazmail's method)

With either technique you will have to play with air pressure settings and paint feed to get the desired effect. Just lean a piece of cardboard up and give each method a try. You might want to do this where it won't hurt to get paint on the surrounding area as both methods can be kinda messy until you get the hang of it.

Or you can try The_Rookies method and get a mouthful of paint and spray it onto the bait. (hope you realize this one is a joke)

Ben

One way of doing it is to hold a popsicle stick or tongue depressor in one hand and direct your spray at an angle on the end of the stick allowing it to make a puddle of paint that then blows onto the surface of your bait. (68Kingfisher's method)

Another way is to cut a short piece ( approx. 1") of drinking straw and stick it on the end of your brush. When you hit the trigger paint will puddle up inside the straw and blow out onto your bait much the same was as described above. (Hazmail's method)

With either technique you will have to play with air pressure settings and paint feed to get the desired effect. Just lean a piece of cardboard up and give each method a try. You might want to do this where it won't hurt to get paint on the surrounding area as both methods can be kinda messy until you get the hang of it.

Or you can try The_Rookies method and get a mouthful of paint and spray it onto the bait. (hope you realize this one is a joke)

Ben

Thanks Ben, I done got choked on the "Rookies" Method :) thanks will give these a try

thanks again

Larry