ReelAppealLures

Jones Tones Foil

Hey all, I am new to the board so go easy.

I have a question for those that foil lures, Has anyone tried using Jones Tones foil?

http://www.jonestone...1f9aaae05723570

I don't want to use their glue as I want to apply a very thin layer of adhesive, I was thinking I might try using a spray adhesive. I am unsure if this will effect the application of the foil paper?

Has any one experimented with this foil paper? I will try it out and see what happens and update this post with any results I find.

RAL

gtpopavatar.jpg

Several guys use Jones Tones and recommend it though I don't know what adhesive they use to apply it. I use BriteBak silver foil tape, which is thin and quick to apply. When all is said and done, it's mostly a matter of how thin your foil is. Thicker foils like duct tape leave a noticeable margin which is hard to hide.

Well I gave it a go... Mixed results, but overall happy enough with the finish. I used Ados F2 adhesive it seemed to work fine and because you can spray it on there is no bumps like using normal glue.

Ados.jpg

Jones Tones Foil, Simple plug and glue.

PauaPen.jpg

I sprayed over the foil with transparent blue and added some mackerel stripes. Yet to apply any clear or epoxy but the finish will really pop once the epoxy is on.

PauaPen1.jpg

PauaPen1-1.jpg

The foil has the look of a petroleum puddle in water or a similar look to Paua Shell ( abalone ) . I can see myself finding more use's for this foil.

Bob, I would like to try some of the BriteBak tape, where is it purchased? I may be able to track some down this end of the world...

Well I gave it a go... Mixed results, but overall happy enough with the finish. I used Ados F2 adhesive it seemed to work fine and because you can spray it on there is no bumps like using normal glue.

Ados.jpg

Jones Tones Foil, Simple plug and glue.

PauaPen.jpg

I sprayed over the foil with transparent blue and added some mackerel stripes. Yet to apply any clear or epoxy but the finish will really pop once the epoxy is on.

PauaPen1.jpg

PauaPen1-1.jpg

The foil has the look of a petroleum puddle in water or a similar look to Paua Shell ( abalone ) . I can see myself finding more use's for this foil.

Bob, I would like to try some of the BriteBak tape, where is it purchased? I may be able to track some down this end of the world...

Incredible result you get with jonh tones foil, i never achieve such a result, even with spray contact glue, the foil never strip correctly.

while writing this i wonder if the trick with this foil is not to strip them?

It does not have an adhesive back! It is thin foil with a plastic cover over the to that peels off, and its very thin. It needs to be glued down then the plastic film pulled off, the hard part is getting the foil not to pull off when removing the plastic cover

Yes exactly, but wonder how it's possible to get same result as above, when i pull off the plastic, there is always parts of foil (small or big) that are also coming of, so what's the trick to get this result???