chachybaby

Glue For Hand Tied Jigs

I think it's the pink bottle zap a gap most use, but if you are tying a lot of stuff, most use Sally Hansens hard as nails clear polish. Cheaper and does as good a job.

A lot of people also use it to coat the outside wraps also. I don't use it for the outside, but I know a lot that do with no issues.

ya just got a bottle of Sally Hensen's "Hard as nails" extreme wear clear polish from the drug store tonight, got a few looks from people shopping in the nail polish section of the store.

Tell them your toe nails chip to easy lol.

There are several types of the hard as nails, you do not need the really expensive stuff.

I have also used Sally Hansen's Hard as Nails, even though I now use the Zap-a-Gap. In fact, I was living in Mississippi and I tied a bunch of crappie jigs for a guy at work. He asked me what he owed me for the jigs. I told him that he didn't owe me anything for the jigs, but what he owed me for standing in line at Wal-Mart in rural Mississippi with a bottle of Sally Hansen's Hard as Nails was a debt that he could NEVER repay! :)

Pete

Edited by psilvers

I really don't use either one. I've been tying jigs for a long time and if you half hitch right while tying materials in and do a really nice whip finish to tie off you shouldn't need any.

As fast as we lose jigs, who needs it??

I make a couple of haf hitches to finish and if it is for personal use then I'm done. If they are for someone else I will use a very light coat of D2T, I never had a complaint but as Fatman said, as fast as they get lost you really don't need anything.