Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
czar

Lures

6 posts in this topic

Here is a selection of lures I have made using the sealing process described in an earlier post. 50% of them have had their swimming lessons in the field so to speak ,but all have been water tested. sorry for the glare on the 12inch ruler, there is a mix of screw eyed and through wired , sealed & painted with Createx and then epoxied.

fishpix.jpg

fishpix.jpg

fishpix.jpg

fishpix.jpg

fishpix.jpg

fishpix.jpg

fishpix.jpg

fishpix.jpg

542_thumb.attach

Hey beautiful job! I like the lipless divers and the blue torpedo at the bottom. Thanks for sharing the pic.

Jed

Createx offers a Clear Coat in a Matte and Glossy finish. I would not reccommend this as a final coating for your lures and continue with the final coat as Devcon but they do offer it. I use a clear coat on my lures that has some glitter mixed in with it and it works very well. Its not Createx brand though and I just paint it on... Its a Clear Glittler Paint, but it acts as the same thing as mentioned above. Cody

I obviously did not explain my self very well, the lures are sealed with a polystyrene based sealer described in an earlier post , then primed and painted with Createx paints and the finally sealed with envirotex lite epoxy.

I have also noted a number of posts on the availablity of devcon epoxys.

In canada we can buy 5 oz bottles of resin & hardener at most Radio control model stores for approx $20cdn