RonnyD

What Kind Of Airbrush

Hello everybody< im looking for any good information on what type of airbrush I need to buy. Im goin to start painting crankbaits and thats it. I have never airbrushed before so im gonna need to know whats the best one to use, and what kind of paint i should buy as well. Any information would be very helpful. thank you very much

Ronny - What do you mean best? There are many criteria and there are many opinions about what is best. Like BobP has suggested spend some time using the search feature of this forum. There are loads of information to peruse through. Only you can really determine what is best for you. Some use cheap harbor freight throw aways while others use Iwata's. Just remember - bait painting can become additice and practice, practice and then do more practice. Soon you will be satified with your improvements. Just hang in there.

Good choice on the Iwata. You won't be sorry.

As far as Lucky Craft "OEM" blanks your not going to find any. There are quite a few places that sell what are commonly referred to as "knockoffs". These are bodies that are similar in size and shape to name brand baits, but are usually lacking the internal characteristics (ballasting, balance, etc.) of the higher priced name brands. This is not saying these baits won't catch fish. They're just a cheaper version of the name brands.

Ben

thanks rayburnguy. I found some baits on busstinbassbaits website, some say they are knockoffs, but some of the rc 1.5 and 2.5 says they are oem's. Im wondering if anybody has used these before and if they are actually oem's. if not, where is a good place to get some good blanks?