sammy01007

Mold Repair

I made a two, two peice molds today. One came out great. The other however is less than desirable.

In a couple of spots the top half of the mold stuck to the bottom half, and tore the bottom peice when I seperated the two. I am considering trying to lay my positives back into the bottom mold. Filling the tears with fresh molding material (Oomoo 30), spraying the top peice with mold release, then laying the top peice back down. Hopefully the new mold material will fill and adhere to the bottom mold and fill in the imperfections.

I made a cast and although useable, they could be a lot better.

My biggest concern is I have very little Oomoo 30 left and if I destroy the mold, it will be a week befor I could fix it.

So do I attempt the fix, or leave as is until I can redo the entire mold?

They only problem I see is the seams the may not line up after the repair and may have defects. I see one of 2 ways 1 cut the broken part from the top and CA glue it back to the bottom you will wind up with a hair line but this is just short term sooner or later it will break on that same hair line or 2 hold out for more oomoo then cut the broken peace off the top as strait as possible then make the top the bottom reset the master release then pour a new top this will be your best bet it will give youu a better seal and seam over all