BC#1

Hooks For Cranks

You have several choices that are all good hooks depending on the price range you are looking for. The Mustad Triple Grip hooks or the Gamakatsu wide gap crankbait hooks will both do a fine job. The triple grips are less expensive but the Gamakatsu is probably a better hook if you want to spend the money. Hope this helps some. Tight lines, Ken Nance.

Hey, is that THE Ken Nance of BFHP fame? Welcome to the board and hope you are doing well!

Hooks - My personal favorite is Gamakatsu Round Bends, and they are more than most, but not too bad. Super sharp, tough, and I like the "stealth" gray/brown color. Worth the extra, IMO.

I also use VMC and think the quality of their top line trebles very good. Their short shank trebles are great if you want to upsize but the standard trebles will tangle. They also make Rapala trebles, including short shank and the new inline trebles designed to sits flat on the belly of a bait and swing in a balanced manner. Little things make a difference in crankbaits, so I'm giving them a try. BTW, the best (only?) source I've found for VMC Rapala trebles is Cabelas. The prices are competitive.