Chaos For 2011

Small Scale Sand Blasting

Harbor freight makes a small blaster that looks somewhat like an airbrush. I looked at it last week and considered buying one.

Is this the one AIR ERASER looks like it would work but the only draw back i see is the hopper size. IMHO

I would go a little bigger if you have the PSI to push a larger SPOT BLASTER.

Tractor Supply sells a small enclosed sandblasting cabinet that works great, for around a $100. Use the finest grit stuff you can fine, I use #80 glass beads. Some paint jobs come off in seconds, others, that look like they've been cleared with an epoxy will hardly come off. Also, I don't recommend using on wood baits, if it gets through that top coat it'll blast a hole in your bait in seconds. Wasted a 30 year old bagley figuring that one out. But with plastic baits it works great, alot of times I just use too scuff the the surface of baits so paint will adhere. Almost forgot, cover hook hangers and line tie with tape, it'll blast the coating off of them.

Is this the one AIR ERASER looks like it would work but the only draw back i see is the hopper size. IMHO

I would go a little bigger if you have the PSI to push a larger SPOT BLASTER.

I have the Air Eraser, and like hillbilly says the hopper is a problem, always having to refill.... Maybe if I was shooting at the recommended 65psi instead of 100+ It may go slower. One thing I can say good about it, it is very good for detail cleaning. I am gonna try the other one he suggested next week. Oh yeah, tried baking soda as a medium, works great till the moisture screwed it up... Stick with the Aluminum Oxide with this one....LOL