BobP

It's Still Slooooow

I use Firefox 6.0.2 to access the site. After the recent change, it takes me 40-45 seconds for the site to begin rendering a page after clicking on the URL in my bookmarks (my bookmark goes direct to the Hardbaits forum). Similarly, if I read a post on Hardbaits and click on the shortcut at the bottom of the post to navigate back to the forum, it takes me another 20 seconds for the site to begin rendering the page.

I'm using a high speed DSL line and have no problems with other sites popping right up immediately. This problem does not seem to exist when using MS Explorer, but don't a lot of users go with Firefox?

How about a little optimization?

Edited by BobP

I gotta take it all back. I have a very fast internet connection and most sites flash up within one second of my click. Click on TU, or change forum, or click to re-render a forum after commenting on a post, and my wait for the site to respond is as much as ONE FULL MINUTE.

Talk about watching paint dry! :nono:

Does anyone else have this same problem? It has been several months now since the last change to TU and it is still the SLOWEST site to get a server response after my browser connects, compared to any of a hundred other sites I visit. It's getting to the point of being a buzz kill.

I have a fast desktop machine, a fast DSL line, and other sites flash up on my screen in less than 1 second. When I access TU, I may as well get up, go get a cup of coffee, and take a nap!

Thanks for the feedback, there was an issue back in November where we were being hammered by a chinese search engine. disallowing access to that search spider cleared up the lag, but obviously speed is arbitrary given by the varied experiences posted here.

I'm watching the server load and setup a notice to my cell when load times go over.

Thank you again for the feedback.