mtannerworley

Topcoating

Welcome to TU!!

Not sure what is the strongest clearcoat out there is, but I use Devcon 2ton, Etex and just started using Dupont automotive clearcoat a few months ago. All three work great but have different applying to each. Devcon and etex both have to be placed on a drying wheel after applying, so the clear dries evenly. The automotive you can spray and hang up, but have to take extreme measures to spray. You can use the search feature and find a ton of info on clears.

Patrick

Edited by Big Bass Man

which d you prefer of the 3? If im using the automotive I should be wearing a ventilation mask correct?

I like all three for different reasons. The devcon you can brush on three lures at a time and will be able to handle the lure in five hours or less. The etex you can brush on about 10-15 baits, at one mixing, and will be able to handle around eight hours. The automotive you will need ventilation fans, wear a respirator and some say a full body suit, when spraying. I havent used the full body suit yet, buT I am thinking about investing in one. You can look on down the hardbait post and find an Automotive post that I brought up a month or so ago, it will have a lot of great info on it.

Patrick