diemai

Homemade Copy Router Video

thats wicked. Wish I would have seen this vid before I made mine. i made a "copy carver"... from some instructions I got from copycarver.com I had the intension of being able to quickly make wooded swimbaits. Though the machine worked well, it was not suited for detailed swimbaits. The lures still required lots of sanding, BUT it knocked out the general shape of the lure and did save a little time. I think mine would work much better on larger projects, just not lures. These vidz show a machine that looks much more appropriate. Reminds me of the vid with the circular saw, only this one looks WAY safer! thanks for sharing these.

Thanks a lot , guys , ....I just knew , that these vids would catch someone's interest in here :D !

Nothing for me , though , .......as I prefer individual carving , but maybe useful for those , that want to knock out larger amounts of clones .

First time watching I've thought , that this thing works too darn slow , ......but it came to my mind pretty fast , that the slow feed should provide a perfectly smooth surface , probably no sanding on the wood blank even required , ....probably only a brief "once-over" on the dipped sealer or primer coats(the Finnish fellas most likely do their lures that way) .

greetz , diemai :yay:

thats wicked. Wish I would have seen this vid before I made mine. i made a "copy carver"... from some instructions I got from copycarver.com I had the intension of being able to quickly make wooded swimbaits. Though the machine worked well, it was not suited for detailed swimbaits. The lures still required lots of sanding, BUT it knocked out the general shape of the lure and did save a little time. I think mine would work much better on larger projects, just not lures. These vidz show a machine that looks much more appropriate. Reminds me of the vid with the circular saw, only this one looks WAY safer! thanks for sharing these.

None of these machines will give you detail, such as gill plates and fins. You still have to do some carving. I was thinking about making a kind of copy carver for post processing duplicated blanks, but the idea is way in the future. I have done some preliminary CAD drawings as a feasibility study.

Dave