Hehhna

Done Carving! Pics. Next Steps?

Alright so I am finally done with my carving and sanding and general shaping. Now, I need some tips on next steps. What should I do for sealing it? Do i seal it before I paint it?

Im not gonna touch it until I get some more info. I need info like what kind of sealant, where to get it, also what kind of paint? I AM GOING TO BE SPRAY CAN PAINTING WITH STENCILS AND SUCH. NOT AN AIRBRUSH.

I can't wait to get this done guys. Ill post more pics when I'm nearing finishing. Assume im stupid! I would love some more info. I tried searching, but it all just boggled my mind.

Here is where im at right now.

Assuming the lure is constructed of wood, I would suggest you buy some sanding sealer. You can get a quart of it at just about any hardware store. Dip the lure into the sanding sealer, let dry, dip a second time, let dry. Now you can rattle can the entire lure white, use a couple light coats, don't put it on too heavy or will run on you.........do the spraying outside, paint is toxic! Let dry.

Do your painting, let dry. Now coat with your favorite clear coat.

RM

Edited by RiverMan

Assuming the lure is constructed of wood, I would suggest you buy some sanding sealer. You can get a quart of it at just about any hardware store. Dip the lure into the sanding sealer, let dry, dip a second time, let dry. Now you can rattle can the entire lure white, use a couple light coats, don't put it on too heavy or will run on you.........do the spraying outside, paint is toxic! Let dry.

Do your painting, let dry. Now coat with your favorite clear coat.

RM

thanks thats exactly what I needed.