Sign in to follow this  
powerworm

Holographic Mylar/foil

4 posts in this topic

looking for either mylar or foil holographic with like a frost on your windshield pattern? has anyone ever seen something like this and which would be easier to apply? thanks in advance

For holographic foil, find someone with a computer operated vinyl cutter. Most sign shops have these. Holographic vinyl sheetings can be cut into shapes that can be applied to slabs and other lures. The sign shops will likely be able to order the sheets for you and program their machine for your designs. There are many different designs of holographic vinyl available in a multiple of widths and lengths. I had some cut out of a translucent red over a holographic vinyl. When I clear coated them my clear coat dissolved the translucent red. I was not happy. Vinyl will stretch some and can be difficult to apply. Try to apply to a flat surface for best results.

Barlows had some designs for slabs and blade baits at one time.

Edited by turkeylegs1246

i dont think that i iwll be able to get vinyl thin enough to apply to the sides of baits with the scales in the bait itself. was thinking a thin mylar would probably work the best.

Jones tones foil; silver laser glass. Can't get thinner than it ( ~thickness of gold leaf). They don't carry the silver laser drop foil anymore.