blazt*

Lucky Craft Lv / Lvr 500 Kos?

They caught my eye on ebay. Just wondering if anyone has tried the various offerings. I've seen them at Bustin' Bass and here:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/10-PREMIUM-UNPAINTED-CRANKBAIT-LURE-BODIES-LVR-500-1-/170636109910?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item27bab46856

I usually dislike paying more than $2 / piece for KOs but these seem to be a little bigger, which is a plus. Weight is about 3/4 oz. Maybe they would run deeper on the burn? That would be good - a lot of rattlebaits won't bump cover better than 5 feet at high speeds. I heard something about the LV max having a diving surface on the nose that helps it stay down.

He also sells baits through his website at: http://bustinbassbaits.com/index.html

I got several of his KO's advertised as "high quality Japanese", which are a little higher priced, and was happy with them. It's easy to find Chinese KO's that have poor quality control and just don't work as well as originals because they just copy the externals but not the internals. So I have a very jaundiced view of KO's in general but was pleasantly surprised with the ones from BB. As to the price, I'd rather pay $3-4 for a KO that actually works like an original $15 bait than pay 50 cents for one that won't. Life is to short to fish losers!

LV & LVR is a different bait. The LV is a little thicker and usually heavier than the LVR. IMO the LV will run straight no matter how fast you crank it, but I don't throw it on 20lb test either. IMO the LVR is more of a grass/rip type of bait. Both have a small pocket on the head to keep them down. The LV is one loud son of a gun while the sound on the LVR is still loud but you don't hear the rattle 25 ft from the boat like the LV.

The BBB copies are pretty decent lipless baits for the price. I would say they resemble the LVR more than the LV. If your looking for a deep runner lipless ya probably want to go with a real LV500.

The ones in the link are LVR 500 KOs. The guy's ebay id is unpainted lures....bbb's cost more. He runs a lot of auctions on lure blanks and they always seem to get several bids, making me think they must be pretty good. I have tried adding weight (BBs) to my favorite rattlebait (Yoshikawa), although even though they run true when packed full of weight they just won't hold bottom. In addition they are too small for the this time of year. Should have bought those magnum 'traps for $2 / piece when I had the chance.