Clint M

Taking The Party Off The Barge.

Hey guys im kinda new here. Mainly make baits, but just picked up a party barge cheap for putting out brushpiles. Was wanting some ideas on how to actually dump the piles off of the front. I want to keep it electrical so keep that in mind. wont be using a generator or anything. Just batteries. Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

What about building some sort of trap door mechanism? You could build a shelf or false floor on the front of the barge with a locking device that could be tripped thus dumping the load. Then all you'd need is a rope leading to a trigger. You could even build it in such a way that it would fold back onto the deck so as not to interfere with hauling the barge.

Ben

I like the idea but the distance is too small between the pontoons. I think the easiest way is going to be to put another floor with square tubing and some thin sheet metal. Then attach on the front with a hinge and on the back have a bar that goes up with a pulley on top. Then have the cable attach over the pulley and down to the floor and just lift to maybe 45 degrees. I think it will work. Let me know what you think or if you can think of improvements. Thanks for your comments so far.

You could still build it in the manner I described Clint. Just build it so it would stick out over the front when it was in "brush carrying" mode and hinge it in a manner so that the platform could be folded back onto the deck when it was in the "trailer" mode. If it stuck out over the front of the pontoons you could build it as wide as the outside dimensions of the pontoons and as long as would be safe to use without inhibiting maneuverability. And you wouldn't need a winch or have to worry about a winch cable getting in the way or hanging up in the brush. The sketch below is pretty simple as I'm no architect by any definition of the word, but hopefully you'll see what I'm talking about.

Ben

Brush Platform.jpg

Brush Platform.jpg

Brush Platform.jpg

Brush Platform.jpg

Brush Platform.jpg

Brush Platform.jpg

Brush Platform.jpg

Brush Platform.jpg

post-21848-0-23944100-1317115588_thumb.jpg

My buddy made a deck level dump table out of a few hinges and a peace of 4x8 plywood bolted to the deck. just stack the brush on the table remove the side safety rail lift handles and dump like a wheel barrel. Its not electric but it dose take some man power Iv seen him dump 20 at one time with blocks to make it easy stack the brush with the blocks or weight closest to the edge.

Got my motor back from my mechanic today. It runs like a top. Good compression. What a relief. I bought this boat without knowing if the motor ran. Its an 80 something model merc. Got the barge, motor and trailer for 600 bucks. I scored!!! Liking the comments. Please keep em coming. Im getting close to that stage of the boat build.