Lincoya

Finally Made It To Retirement

Hey Gene, congrats are in order here. Its been a looooooooooooooong time. Way too long. Hope your sitting down when you see this. You may fall off your chair. I'm still playing around with some baits. Once you get hooked you can't ever seem to stop. Of course you already knew that. Sorry I didn't get to make it to Nathan's get together. It would have been nice to finally meet you, Nate, Coley and Redgator. I don't know where the time goes. I've been retired 11 years this past July already. Don't know how I ever had time to go to work.l Retirement has been awesome. Well Gene enjoy everyday of retirement. You earned it. The best to you always and good luck bait making and fishing. Ken Schmitz

Yes Gene it is really me. I don't go online much anymore because we live in what they call a dead zone. I live just about a 1/4 mile of the east shore of Lake Winnebago. In the opposite direction there is a huge rock ledge that runs for hundreds of miles. Until we got satelite TV we could only get 2 stations here. We have a new provide for internet service. I'm in the process of seeing if it will work here. Hopefully I'll have high speed in a couple of weeks. Gotta have something to occupy my time so I make baits and do some craft shows. Can't afford the big sport shows. I guess as long as I get all my costs covered and can buy more supplies I will be doing this yet for awhile. I hope all goes well for you and you enjoy your retirement. Keep in touch as its always nice to hear from you. I sent Coley a PM but haven't heard back yet. Ken

Congrats, Gene. Hope it's filled with what you enjoy doin'.

On a side note....how many of you guys are retired?

............I was wrong about the 13 years I've stated above , our government pushed through a new law , it would be 16 1/2 years left to go , ........at least if I don't wanna take withdrawals from my pension :censored::censored::censored: .

cheers , diemai :yay:

Sorry to hear about the extension Dieter. It's looking more and more over here that relief will only come with death.

Yeah , darn right you are , Vic , ..... I've always thought , that after 45 years of paying the fees for the federal pension insurance one could quit without any withdrawals , but that is way out of time , a very old settlement from the 1980's ..........up to 2011 it was the age limit of 65 , no matter how many years one has worked past the 45 years limit .

Since 2012 they've raised the age limit to 67 years , ...step by step depending which year someone was born , .....so my vintage 1961 falls under 66 1/2 years of age to receive full pension .

OFF COURSE one could quit a few years earlier , there are special regulations for such cases , ..... but only to suffer from significant monetary losses on the pension , which everybody knows to be the REAL purpose of these new restrictions , ..........and politicians are already talking about another age deadline of 69 !

They're saying that due to modern medical treatment people are getting older nowadays , thus also can work longer ,.........only problem is , that less and less people receiving only a small pension can afford it without severe savings on quality of life , ..........and if I look at the obituary notices on the blackboard of my company , hardly anybody having worked in the production halls made it beyond 70 to 75 years of age(I even used to know three or four guys , that passed away during the first two years of retirement being still in their 60's) , ....the folks having spend their working life in offices most likely pass their 80th birthday with ease , .......been observing this for many years .

The funny thing about it is , that in Germany it's so darn hard to find a job once having passed the 50th birthday , ....local employees prefer twens with at least 30 years of job experience !

greetz , Dieter :yay:

Edited by diemai

Just found your post Gene, CONGRATULATIONS mate, and I know you will have a ball, I am-----------Can't believe you are cleaning the shop?? it was always spotless anyway 8O should see mine.

What about Linda, is she finished too???????? say hi to her for me .

Pete