littleriver

Ugly Duckling

13 posts in this topic

interesting vid. It's always neat to see how baits are mass produced. Crazy thing is, there wasn't a single guy among all those workers! Maybe they just wanted people to pay attention 8O

I think so too. Seems I can find more videos if I just search using using foreign words for lure. I found this one using the word wobbler. There are three men by my count all working the more compiex machinery. But the women are certainly more interesting to watch. The blond early in the video is wearing her jewelry box by the look of it. I giggle :nuhuh: every time I see her working with all those rings on. She definitly got the memo.

Some vids on lure production around , ...here is one showing parts of the making of the famous "Nils Master Invincible" at "Finlandia Uistin" in Finland ,.....appearing in the end of the video the two brothers Hannu and Kalevi Kangas , which founded the company during the 1960's .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJqqxNnrjkU

Another one :

greetz , diemai :yay:

@ julle

Very interesting , thanks for posting !

To me it looks like these wobblers do not have any lipslot , but get their lips glued straight onto the belly , ....they have a great swimming action , though !

1 person likes this

@ julle

Very interesting , thanks for posting !

To me it looks like these wobblers do not have any lipslot , but get their lips glued straight onto the belly , ....they have a great swimming action , though !

I noticed the same thing before but I doubt it, he must be using some super super glue to hold it that tight, I guess it's just a very shallow precise slot. The action is very nice indeed, nice hunting action like most Finnish wobblers.

@ julle

I just recall , ...guess , that I have a Finnish wobbler with such round lip somewhere , gotta take a close look !

greetz , diemai :yay:

They actually still tank test their lures. Like rapala used to(maybe they still do but my gut feeling says they dont) Remember back when rapalas were made in finland, and the lips on floaters and sinkers would have file marks from fine tuning? That is how i fine tune some of my cranks, by filing the lip. Thanks, nice vids.