- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 mwassman

• TU Member
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Posted 11 October 2011 - 09:11 PM

i have never built a lure before although i have some ideas of one i want to build. i joined this forum for insight on lure building and tips to help me along the way.
i want it to be a suspending lure with a jointed back, and a shell that is clear and kind of resembles that of a mirr-o-lure shell, the line loop on the top section of the lure and hook on the tail end. there are many other details but i just want to get this part down pat first. i would appreciate any input or concerns, thank you

#2 bassnbrad

• TU Member
  • PipPip
  • 173 posts
Posted 11 October 2011 - 09:20 PM

1st off welcome, secondly there's so many great lure makers on here, and past material you can find out just about anything on lure making in the search feature. I just paint lures, so I can't really offer anything other than the "Search" feature and say Welcome. When you get ready to paint I'll chime back in, till then good luck and tight lines, bb

#3 Vodkaman

Advanced Member

• TU Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,108 posts
Posted 11 October 2011 - 11:12 PM

The clear shell is going to be your first problem to solve. This is going to be a molded clear resin in two halves. Hillbilly1 did a video of this molding technique not too long ago. Worth watching. Here is the link, see post No14.

Welcome to TU.