Bo Bo

Finishing Touches On Painted Crankbaits

I have painted a few crankbaits and I need to add epoxy. Any suggestions on what kind to use? I know that 20-30 minute epoxy is suggested because it doesn't fade or discolor. Does anyone use anything else to do the final coat on crankbaits?

If you do a search on here you will find many options. Devcon 2 ton, Envirotex Lite, Dick Nite, Pelucid and many others. If you want cheap and easy Devcon is the way to go. You will need to turn the lure after coating it until the epoxy gels. Good luck.

I have been using devcon 2 ton. I thin it with denatured alcohol, and seems to work great. You will need a lure turner, i got mine from walmart, its a chicken turner for the grill, works awesome. I just drilled holes in the bar and added all thread and aligator clips.

ive used the devcon 2 ton as well (ace carries it or can order it) but have since switched to spraying a 2 part automotive urathane clear and like it a lot better so far - idk if its as tough on scratches and all when beating on rocks, bridges, and other things but i like how glossy it is as well as how its thinner too and no need for a turner or anyhting - im spraying it out of an iwata eclipse siphone feed brush with a .5 tip with no trouble - just be extra sure to clean it up well

D2t will alter the color of your finishes. And you'll be lucky if half the flash makes it through the "clear" (yeah right, more like through the "slight amber / yellow") if using foil, glitter, etc.

I use Lure Craft Polysil - a 2 part urethane - transparency and clarity are virtually flawless.

Easy to deal with. Very expensive to have shipped (hazmat fees.)