Topwater plugs

Looking For Large Saltwater Treble Hooks

Are these large enough?

Giant Treble Hooks Sizes 16/0, 20/0428280.jpg

The picture above shows the 20/0 compared to a regular size 2 hook which is the size used on 1/2oz. crankbaits. Very heavy hook with a bronze finish.

Just kiddin'....

Here are some 7/0's...

http://www.fishforless.com/Treble_Hooks-Treble_Hook_3X_Strong_Bronze_size_7_0_25Pk.html

Greetings to all. This is my ffirst post. I am looking for a source of large(6/0-9/0) saltwater treble hooks. I can find these sizes in freshwater hooks quite easily but the saltwater hooks are only available up to 5/0. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

EA

I presume you will be targeting inshore/offshore pelagics with these hooks? What amount of drag will anglers who use your lures be fishing? I have guys fishing huge drags and most hooks can't handle it... ( 40lb + + + of drag )

Owner ST-66 in 5/0

Owner ST-76 in 5/0

(The Owner range is larger than a typical 5/0 say from Mustad.) Also available in barbless B) .

Fisherman KG120 - 6/0 ( Strong hook, good for 120kg )

Decoy Y-W77 6/0-8/0

Gamakatsu GT Recorder 5/0 - 8/0 ( In the 8/0 size you will get 7 hooks for $64.95 )

Have you thought about using singles or inline singles on your lures?

The Owner JOBU Big game hook is a great single and available up to 12/0...

Actually, the need for these larger hooks is for a few larger than average diameter surf lures; about 1.75".

Casting at Stripers?

I would go for the Owner range in either ST-66 or ST-76... They are a little more pricey than your average hook but you pay for what you get, they won't let you down and are big enough for your lures giving you good hook projection.