JFOWLER204

Diamond Clear Coat

I think im talking about the same thing here the stuff I tried was called diamond somthing, it was an almost clear milky like thick liquid almost a jell, I picked it up at micheals and tried it. It went on smooth and could thin with aceatone but it never set up I kept some baits hanging for over 6 months and it wasnt tacky but you could peel it off with your finger nail. I never water tested it. Now I may have gotten a bad jar I dont know, but what I experienced wasnt good, I just went back to DT-2.

http://www.kbs-coatings.com/diamondfinish-clearcoat.html

Here is the link to the web site. I believe it is a moisture cure urethane. I have seen post elsewhere that it can be used as a clear coat over painted rod blanks and as a clear finish for lures. It is suppose to be crystal clear and dries flexible but hard. Bloxygen is the product that is used to slow down the curing process of the unused product left in the can. There is lots of info on kbs coatings web site.

I've tryed the kbs diamonds clear before. It dries kinda thick strait from the can. I have to say it is a good quality clear, looks great on lures after it's cured and is pretty hard. Seems you know it jells up pretty good after the can is open. I only bought one can before and found out how short of a shelf life it had after open. Not sure what you can use to help it keep longer. I've heard of sprays on this site that work. I got tired of having to cut away the top skin on the diamond clear and have gone with DN clear since then, it seems to last a good bit longer after my first dip. If you can find a spray the clear should work pretty well for you. One more thing about diamond clear, you have to buy the thinner from kbs as well. Some reason thinners from say lowes don't work.