New to the craft

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Whitebassguyjc89

• TU Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 April 2004 - 09:24 PM

I'm new to the craft and i just started workin on a brommstick popper.I found the recipe in Field&Stream.What is a good,effective for bass, easy color to paint with spray cans?? i would like to do 2 to 3 colors.

#2 BassNator 1

BassNator 1

• TU Member
  • PipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted 11 April 2004 - 03:23 PM

If you are making a popper.... and with only 2 colors to choose.... I would start off with EITHER a white or black. My reasoning is this. If you fish top waters, a fish is only seeing one way... UP! So a Black lure, or a White lure is the way to go to start off with. IMHO, any painting on top of a topwater is going to attract one thing... A FISHERMAN! A fish cant see on top of a top water lure. Most topwater fishermen prefer dark-colored baits early and late in the day when visibility is poor, and light-colored baits during bright periods. But I must add however, that a surface lure?s action and noise are far more important in triggering strikes than its color. In early morning and late night I have had the most success with a Jet Black Jitterbug! And its just that... Jet Black! But... its gurgling action is what bass hone in on and destroy! Cody