lure buddy

Dupli-color Clear Coat Pre-mixed?

I was looking at trying this no mix clear coat to use as a clear on my lures. Has anyone tried it and have any feedback before I pull the trigger?

Dupli-Color/32 oz. clear top coat Paint Shop finish system

Features & Benefits

Dupli-Color® Paint Shop™ Finish System gives you everything you need to create a high-quality DIY finish – primer, color and clear. Paint Shop is a high-quality lacquer system designed for automotive and motorcycle applications that is easy to apply, dries quickly and can be buffed to a brilliant smooth finish. Paint Shop is a ready-to-spray system that requires no mixing or reducing, and with no re-coat window, additional coats can be applied at anytime.

• Pre-reduced ready-to-spray lacquer
  • No mixing or reducing required
  • Easy to apply and dries quickly
  • No recoat window, reapply at any time

It's mainly a question of how durable is enough for you. Two part auto clears are harder and more durable. I used Duplicolor aerosol clear when painting a reel, it chipped and scratched more easily than I liked, so I prefer to use more durable clearcoats on crankbaits. But to each his own!

I looked at it as well when i decided to spray automotive cclear but i ended up going wih a tradtional 2 part urathane clear instead. I just felt i would have more confidence in something i know holds up well and is durable in a tried and proven 2 part especialy since the cost on it wasnt too much more.