saltshaker

Oh Boy....another Decal Thread

Following shaggy's photo finish tutorial, I was chuggin' right along...until it came time to actually place the decal. After 5 or 6 tries, I realized that this ain't workin'. Now, in all fairness to myself....I put one on a Rattle Trap and it only took about 30 seconds. A 5 3/4" Bomber jerkbait is another animal, however. This bill is right in the friggin' way, although, I'm not certain that it would be any easier if it weren't there. I tried going from tail-to-head and head-to-tail. Because of it's length, it either rolls up or wrinkles terribly. I thought of trying to do it in two pieces, but, I ain't crazy about a visable seam. I'll gladly accept any ideas from you guys.

Husky's toilet paper method is lookin' better and better. :mad:

Patrick, I wanted to try this since I had all the stuff. It's a piece of cake on a flat-surfaced, smaller lure, but, these jerks are a headache.

I plan to try Husky's method, but, I'm not sure I understand the need for the foil...especially since it's covered up with typing paper. Would a printed image work just as well w/o the foil and tissue? Just glue it on the body and finish?

If you use tissue paper over foil you get a nice shine to the bait. I do shad baits this way and the come out great.

I went back and read the tutorial again. I thought the image was printed on typing paper (guess I just assumed) but, with it being printed on the tissue...now I understand how the foil comes into play. I'm gonna give it a try 'cause it sounds alot easier than what I'm doing...especially on these baits.

Thanks for your input, guys.