Terrydabassman

Does anybody else

:D Hi there, when I first started making crankbaits I felt the same way. I had split rings flying all over the place. Now I install the split rings on the hook and I buy the open screweyes. I place the split rings over the open eyescrew and squeeze it shut. Either way works. Once you get the hang of it, its not all that bad. If I use closed eyescrews I start the split ring on the eyescrew and with it only partially on the eyescrew install the hook at the same time. That seems to work the best for me. Hope this helps. Any questions, email me or post again. Good luck. Ken Schmitz Mylures

Well I'm glad I'm not alone on this one. I've been thinking about shipping lures without the hooks and split rings on...let the customer fight with em...lol

I did do that with the open eyes for my home made baits, but for commercial cranks, shad baits, and Rogue's I'm stuck with the drudgery of trying to add split rings to hooks, :(

Thanks for your reply's, I was kind of hoping there was a magic solution I didn't know about. Split ring pliers are worthless...I know, how about paper clips...lol...I wish.

Guest Anonymous

I move along pretty fast... The trick for me is a small pair of jewler's needlenose pliers with teeth. I grip the split ring... Pull it over the eye of the hook, leave the gap to slide it on the bait eye and then twist it on... About 60 seconds for 3 split rings on a bait.

Chip :)