tre329

1st Two Lures I Painted And Fish Story

Hey guys I painted the front bait first and went to the neighbors pond to try it out. In about 30 minutes I caught 4 fish on it. First fish was a 6-7 lb Flathead Cat , followed by 3 LMBs in the 1-2 lb range . It was AWESOME I am definitely hooked on painting my own lures now. Since this color/pattern did so well first time out I am trying a couple different baits in this same color/pattern. Will be hitting the Arkansas River next week.

Lures 1.JPG

Lures 2.JPG

Lures 1.JPG

Lures 2.JPG

Lures 1.JPG

Lures 2.JPG

Lures 1.JPG

Lures 2.JPG

Lures 1.JPG

Lures 2.JPG

Lures 1.JPG

Lures 2.JPG

Lures 1.JPG

Lures 2.JPG

Lures 1.JPG

Lures 2.JPG

post-27575-0-60844200-1320468527_thumb.jpg

post-27575-0-10996000-1320468552_thumb.jpg

Congrats on your success with your first couple of lures. And like others have said, "Welcome to the dark side". (insert sinister laugh here) :twisted: You will now be missing appointments, forgetting anniversaries and birthdays, making lame excuses to get out of doing things with your significant other and spending more and more money as you get deeper into this obsession that some still try to call a "hobby". :lol::lol::lol:

Ben

Edited by RayburnGuy

Congrats on your success with your first couple of lures. And like others have said, "Welcome to the dark side". (insert sinister laugh here) :twisted: You will now be missing appointments, forgetting anniversaries and birthdays, making lame excuses to get out of doing things with your significant other and spending more and more money as you get deeper into this obsession that some still try to call a "hobby". :lol::lol::lol:

Ben

There's still time to switch to something safer, like drugs!

Excellent!! Yep, producing your own handiwork and then catching fish with them or watching others catch fish with your lures is awesome.... I paint lead lures for striper fishinig and I tell you the truth, some of the artwork I've seen on this site needs to be framed and hung up to admire.....not to actually fish with!! :nuhuh: