Delw

Soft Plastic Cookbook

On 2/23/2021 at 2:47 AM, Trevor cross said:

Can someone tell me how to get a really shiny color I was requested by someone to make the shinnest bait ever

I know this is a little old, but maybe someone still needs to have an idea. 

First, Define really shiny.  I have found that if I paint a dust color on the surface of the mold before I pour or inject, it comes out super shiny.  Below are options I have used.

https://www.alumilite.com/dyes-colors/alumilite-metallic-powder/

https://www.alumilite.com/products/dyes-colors/

This does not provide a soft plastic bat that looks like the regular colors, but it will provide various "super shinny" options.  The metallic is the best at that.

4 hours ago, SwampCracker said:

Anybody have good saltwater color recipes? or a place to find some to get started. I'm looking for some rootbeer, electric chicken, mullet styles, greenbacks, new penny, etc.

I used to make swimbaits for a salt water charter boat in southern California and Big Hammer is a great place to start.  This was the color chart that I used.  Pretty sure I've got the recipes for all these somewhere.  If I remember right, Atomic Punk and Margarita are very close to Electric Chicken and baits like Toast and Kelp Kritter are similar to New Penny. 

swims.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, alsworms said:

Yeah being primarily a fresh water bass fisherman, I was always amazed at some of those colors.  Really fun to pour them! 

When you're fishing for salt water predators, getting their attention is key.

For Calico Bass, in the kelp, the best bite is a reaction bite, the same as with a largemouth.

A yellow jighead with a blue swimbait trailer will outfish live anchovies and sardines.

Plus it's a blast doing it.  Chuck and wind is a kick wherever you do it.

• Like 1

On 8/16/2019 at 1:48 PM, keakar said:

fish only see shades of gray so the color is more to satisfy the fisherman then the fish

once you get like 2 ft down most colors look nothing like they did in your hand

find some color that catches fish for you and then try a few different shades of that to see if results are better or worse

Not true, fish have vision similar to humans.

• Like 1