Delw

Soft Plastic Cookbook

477 posts in this topic

anyone have recipe for zoom's black emerald also zooms black neon. Guys I am very new to this and not going to make a business out of this just need some help for my own use. zoom no longer makes black neon in their mag lizard and would like to try black emerald in a 10 to 12 inch lizard. thanks

To  black just add red glitter to get the black neon & emerald green( or what ever green you have) to get the black emerald. Try a drop at a time of black colorant until you get your base color to suit you & then add glitter or add after you heat your plastic either one.  Should be a pretty easy color to make. Post a thread asking for help if you have trouble with it. 

Anyone know what's the best color to make a tunacrab/redcrab color I was thinking like a blood/orange color or orange with bleeding redshad color lmk

Anyone here use silver or holo glitter with clear plastic to get a minnow silver colour for swimbaits or minnow baits??? If so have u been pleased with the look?

Watermelon red tube minus the tails being cut yet. This is the angling ai 4" taper tube mold.    3.75 ounces plastic, 1 drop lurecraft watermelon, 1/8 tsp black .040 & 1/4 tsp. 040 fire red glitters..

IMG_0991.JPG

Edited by Les Young

50 minutes ago, William DeMent said:

Does anyone have a good color combination for a frog

What kind of frog?

Think light belly, dark sides and back.  You can use a lot of different color combinations.

I don't think specific color is that important, as long as you have the contrast between the belly and the back.

21 hours ago, William DeMent said:

Does anyone have a good color combination for a frog

I usually hand pour a white or yellow belly and inject the back and legs green, brown or black. .

I'm not sure if this color has been mentioned in this post but does anyone have the recipe for Chicken on a chain? There are a lot of recipes in here that do not have a picture (I'm a visual guy) so it's hard to know if I want to try a certain recipe. Thanks in advance.

1 hour ago, Lonestarbaitcompany said:

Hello Everyone,

You can now download the color cookbook for free in all formats, (printable pdf, excel and open office). Thank you so much for all your support. 

https://www.lonestarbaitcompany.com/cook-book/color-recipe-cook-book/

I hope you are high and dry.

• Like 1

On 8/17/2003 at 12:28 PM, Delw said:

berkley Camo is one of the hardest colors to make. (at least for me)

Ive been playing a little, its close but no cigar yet

1 cup plastic

4 drops of moss green

3 drops of watermelon

2 drops oxblood

now the key I found to give it the brownish effect was the brown Fleck and the gold fleck added into it. I only had .035 and it should be fine fleck

Like I said close but not right yet

Delw

Edited by David hernandez

For the few people who might want it I got a carp recipe I'm fairly happy with today

Top color

1 cup plastisol

3-5 drops red

6-10 drops yellow

Barely and Lumina copper powder

Gold glitter

Black glitter

Copper glitter

Bottom color 

1 cup plastisol

1/8tsp pearl powder

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MarkPauley said:

Does anyone have the  recipe for Zooms Birthday Cake? 

If the picture I'm looking at is right, I think MF's pearlescent or Lure Craft's minnow silver would work for your base color.  I can't really tell by the pics what glitter is used. 

19 hours ago, alsworms said:

If the picture I'm looking at is right, I think MF's pearlescent or Lure Craft's minnow silver would work for your base color.  I can't really tell by the pics what glitter is used. 

Thank you. 

On 10/11/2016 at 3:58 PM, cpeterson said:

I'm taking everyone entry of colors and putting them in a format of a cook book.  Then reprocessing it into a PDF format.  

how do i get the recipe book? 

• Thanks 1

On 4/23/2017 at 8:18 PM, Les Young said:

Watermelon red tube minus the tails being cut yet. This is the angling ai 4" taper tube mold.    3.75 ounces plastic, 1 drop lurecraft watermelon, 1/8 tsp black .040 & 1/4 tsp. 040 fire red glitters..

IMG_0991.JPG

Looks good!