Delw

Soft Plastic Cookbook

I am brand new at this and was wondering if there is a basic formula for making a solid color like black. Is there a certain amount of drops per ounce of plastic? Or do you basically just start adding the drops and stir till you get the desired shade.

Each vendor's colorants vary in strength. You do have to experiment a little bit.. As far as black goes, I've found Lurecrafts (18 drops per cup) to be by far the strongest and M-F's (55 drops per cup) the weakest. That's just for black and cannot be used a rule of thumb for their other colorants. Bear's and Del-Marts fall slightly below Lurecraft. All four of these vendors make great products. Some offer colors that others don't. Some off products that each other don't. Welcome and start saving your money as this is very addicting. I would take 10% of what you spend and put it aside.............for a good rehab or divorce lawyer.........maybe both !:)

The search feature also has a wealth of information that can save you plenty of $$$$$$ and trial and error.

• Like 1

Each vendor's colorants vary in strength. You do have to experiment a little bit.. As far as black goes, I've found Lurecrafts (18 drops per cup) to be by far the strongest and M-F's (55 drops per cup) the weakest. That's just for black and cannot be used a rule of thumb for their other colorants. Bear's and Del-Marts fall slightly below Lurecraft. All four of these vendors make great products. Some offer colors that others don't. Some off products that each other don't. Welcome and start saving your money as this is very addicting. I would take 10% of what you spend and put it aside.............for a good rehab or divorce lawyer.........maybe both !:)

The search feature also has a wealth of information that can save you plenty of $$$ and trial and error.

Thanks..I appreciate that...I am finding that you need to experiment to really get what you want..which I am also finding is a big part of the fun of it...I'm pretty sure some colors look one way to some and different to others.

Thanks..I appreciate that...I am finding that you need to experiment to really get what you want..which I am also finding is a big part of the fun of it...I'm pretty sure some colors look one way to some and different to others.

When you are experimenting with colors don't forget to write down everything that you do; as you do it. That way if what you are doing works out, you can repeat it.

www.novalures.com

• Like 1

ALso dont forget when adding salt(which is white) you need to add more color...

I got the blue fleck down perfect for the senkos

but now I cant find the recipe, I will dig it up...

The other day I was playing around and slipped and came out with an Identicle junebug color for just worms with out salt...

40 drops of black grape and 55-60 drops of red(lure craft colors shaken very well ) in 1.5 cups of m-f plastic

Delw

BLUE SAPPHIRE

Hello everyone! I am new to the bait making world, but I am growing to love it more and more every day. Does anyone have a recipe for blue sapphire? Thanks everyone for posting new recipes as it gives us newbies something to work with.

Rainbow Trout.

Each recipie is done with 4 oz plastic and LC colors

15 drops watermelon

black flake

Middle

6 drops strawberry

3 drops oxblood

1/8 tsp white pearl

1/8 tsp violet highlight

Bottom

1/8 tsp white pearl Fine holi jewels optional

I have several other recipies I would like to share but they involve LC's old motoroil color that they don't carry anymore as far as I know. Luckily, I still have a fair amount of it.

It's too bad because they are good colors.

Maybe I'll post them anyway because I'm sure some of you out there still have that color as well. Let me know.

Edited by nova

I have several other recipies I would like to share but they involve LC's old motoroil color that they don't carry anymore as far as I know. Luckily, I still have a fair amount of it.

It's too bad because they are good colors.

Maybe I'll post them anyway because I'm sure some of you out there still have that color as well. Let me know.

When you say old motoroil, how old?? I have a small bot of it....bought it 2 years ago...is it different now?

When you say old motoroil, how old?? I have a small bot of it....bought it 2 years ago...is it different now?

Thought I read something about it a while ago on TU, thet LC changed their motoroil color. The one I have looks more dark green than anything else. Certainly does not look like changeable motoroil.

I've had mine for 3 or 4 years. I don't use it a lot and very little at a time; the color is quite strong.

www.novalures.com

I have made 10-12 batches with out a decent match..

I can get a match for the tails.. but then the body is to brown,,

If I match the body the tails are to green

I can match the 301 stick baits but with that for hogs the tails are to green

I will keep trying.

rite now my green pumpkin is pumpkinseed & watermelon.

can darken with black..

been adding yellow..

will be adding orange next

the colors I have made are close and do catch fish..

but

I have that 1 customer,, you know,, that wants it exact..

and the customer is always rite !!! :rolleyes: