tacklekid11

Airbrush Problem

Try cleaning your nozzle and make sure the needle is pushed all the way in. Take your end cap, nozzle cap and nozzle and soak it in lacquer thinner over night. Take a cleaning brush and and brush the paint off of them, It should come right off. Make sure your needle is clean also. A clean airbrush will be your best friend for painting lures!!

Patrick

Try cleaning your nozzle and make sure the needle is pushed all the way in. Take your end cap, nozzle cap and nozzle and soak it in lacquer thinner over night. Take a cleaning brush and and brush the paint off of them, It should come right off. Make sure your needle is clean also. A clean airbrush will be your best friend for painting lures!!

Patrick

Yep, that's it!

I don't do the LT thing because of fumes and I use water base paints but clean it the same way with acetone or plain water on the spot. I also run the needle through some fine steel wool to polish and put on a drop of silicone.

Take a magnifying glass and hold the nozzle up to a light while looking through it with the magnifying glass. If you see any type of obstruction it is probably dried paint. If your using water based paints such as Createx, and soaking it in acetone or lacquer thinner doesn't help, try soaking it in Createx airbrush restorer. It's available at the same places that sell Createx paint. It's taken care of any clogs I've had and it's re-usable. I keep a small jar filled with it and will occasionally soak the front end of my brush in it to keep it squeaky clean.

Ben

I think the guys have covered everything, but I would add one step that helps me.

After I've shot paint for a while, I find my brush doesn't shoot as well, so I do this.

The nozzle had tiny air jet holes that can get clogged.

After I've back flushed with both water and cleaning solution, if the brush is still balky, here's what I do.

I loosen the nozzle assembly slightly, and then back flush the brush with acetone.

Then I tighten it again, and backflush again, first with acetone, and then cleaning solution.

The acetone loosens any paint that has clogged the little holes, and I can see the paint floating in the bowl after I backflush. I clean that out with my finger.

It helps get back to painting faster.

I hope it works for you, too.