diemai

Another Lure Design With Shifting Internal Weights

Hi , folks ,

Just made a little video tonite displaying my latest lure construction , still in a blank condition , though , ...... probably one or the other fellow carver in here could take advantage or gain some input from my work !

Constantly carving and turning new blanks these days , wonder when I'd ever get to feel like finally painting them :huh::D !

greetz , diemai :yay:

• Like 1

Thanks so much for your interest in my work and your kind words , fellas :worship: , ......I appreciate it verry much !

On Friday at work I've had another idea on how to furnish sucha plug with shifting internal weights and instantly put it to practise Saturday afternoon , ........here is the outcome :

To me it seems that this one here is a tad easier to furnish , as drilling centered holes and turning down closure plugs is easier than furnishing a reasonably accurate deep groove and a matching closure piece .

Really looking forward to the first bathtub swim test of these pike plugs , ...........if successful , I'd surely do some other variations , ...only lack enough time for painting all of my blanks :huh::lol: !

greetz , diemai :yay:

Edited by diemai
  • Like 1

Thanks again , fellas , ..........just put on a first primer coat on these two lures this morning , second one tonite after work , so tomorrow they're gonna hit the tub , ........wish me luck !

Off to the dentist's now :eek: , ........wish me luck , too :lol: !

cheers , Dieter :yay:

You really make me blush , folks :yes: , ...I'm just a little tinkerer displaying his humble work , ........but still do appreciate your kind words very much , off course :worship: !

Mark , ......all fine so far , was just for tartar removal , .........coming Monday it's gonna get worse , I guess , ......gonna have an implant sunk in my jawbone :eek::D !

Just made the tub test this afternoon , .........at first a bit disappointed , but in the end very happy with my design :yay::yeah: !

..............here it is :

Thanks a lot for your interest and support , fellas ........greetz , Dieter :yay:

You really make me blush , folks :yes: , ...I'm just a little tinkerer displaying his humble work , ........but still do appreciate your kind words very much , off course :worship: !

Mark , ......all fine so far , was just for tartar removal , .........coming Monday it's gonna get worse , I guess , ......gonna have an implant sunk in my jawbone :eek::D !

Just made the tub test this afternoon , .........at first a bit disappointed , but in the end very happy with my design :yay::yeah: !

..............here it is :

Thanks a lot for your interest and support , fellas ........greetz , Dieter :yay:

You are much too "humble"....which is not necessarily a bad thing. :rolleyes:

Thanks again , friends :worship: , ........now I'm honing on an easier working process , .........just in brief , .......turning down the closure plugs first and putting the center bore thru an untouched piece of broomstick , .........putting in the lead balls and after glue in the closure plugs on eiter end , ........after curing I'd chuck the whole thing into the lathe again to durn down the lure's shape .

This way all turns out accurately aligned , ....made a test blank yesterday , ....I was first concerned , that the leadballs might get damaged inside of the bore whilst the lathe is turning for a couple of minutes , ....but they still rolled back and forth properly afterwards .

Gonna turn out some more pieces for display and put out a video on it during the coming days .

greetz , Dieter :yay: