DeVeryTY

Glass eyes

I finally got around to making some glass eyes, happy with how they came out although I'll know to use a little less black glass for the pupil, they rounded up very nice. The Dichro eyes aren't really eyes their earrings but my wife and I were using the kliln together & I thought they'd make great eyes. (Don't tell her though).

Let me know what you guys think.

DeVery

glass_eyes_2.small.jpg

glass_eyes_1_small.jpg

dichro_eyes_small.jpg

glass_eyes_2.small.jpg

glass_eyes_1_small.jpg

dichro_eyes_small.jpg

glass_eyes_2.small.jpg

glass_eyes_1_small.jpg

dichro_eyes_small.jpg

glass_eyes_2.small.jpg

glass_eyes_1_small.jpg

dichro_eyes_small.jpg

glass_eyes_2.small.jpg

glass_eyes_1_small.jpg

dichro_eyes_small.jpg

glass_eyes_2.small.jpg

glass_eyes_1_small.jpg

dichro_eyes_small.jpg

glass_eyes_2.small.jpg

glass_eyes_1_small.jpg

dichro_eyes_small.jpg

glass_eyes_2.small.jpg

glass_eyes_1_small.jpg

dichro_eyes_small.jpg

558_thumb.attach

559_thumb.attach

560_thumb.attach

Thanks for the feedback so far. The eyes are made in a kiln that can go up to 2000 degrees Farenheit in a process called glass fusing. I wouldn't really feel comfortable giving exact details since unless you have a kiln, with the proper setup, attempting it can burn down your house and or cause harm.

If anyone is really interested in the process send me an e-mail and I'll point you toward some proper glass making instruction. You'll should take at least an in person introductory class in glass handling and safety, etc. They'll also review the what & where's on supplies and equipment, needless to say it can be a fairly expensive hobby. An enjoyable hobby for myself and an expressive medium for an artist like my wife who graciously lets me use and sometimes abuse her tools. (I melted a custom brass marble holder that cost several hundred dollars the other day).

Also since I don't make any lures other than glass, would any one want to try and use some of these? Let me know.

DeVery