• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 littleriver

Advanced Member

• TU Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 640 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 06:04 PM

One of my favorite combinations too. My brush technique was inspired by splatter paint patterns. Looks real good!! :yay: Thank you for sharing the pic. I find a splash of yellow on the belly instead of red is pretty effective too.

I have never used spray cans but I know some really cool effects can be created with them. Here is a bait done with spray cans from the 60's by Boots Anderson. Simple but effective. I like how the overspray shoots down the belly. 

Attached File  P2033520.jpg   184.11KB   36 downloads

#22 mark poulson

mark poulson

Advanced Member

• TU Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,793 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 10:44 AM

BJ, that is a nice looking bait!

We used to call using a brush to add a textured finish to a plaster job "Dashing".  The plasterer would dip the tips of his horse hair brush, usually a 6" painter's horse hair bristle brush, into the plaster, and then rap it against the handle of the trowel he held in his other hand, to dash the finish onto the plaster face.  It was an old method, used for exterior, mostly, and was very labor intensive/time consuming, but it created a neat effect.

Edited by mark poulson, 06 October 2013 - 10:46 AM.

#23 BJBarron

• TU Member
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 12:45 PM

Thanks guys. I've heard of dashing before my kids gradfather was a spackle guy before he made fishing a career. I like that bait u have little river. I use a lot of yellow on my baits bellys but he wanted it orange pearl.