Nathan

Don Minkler

Just wanted to let you guys know who made it out to the T U get together at my house that Don Minkler passed away Dec. 2 from liver cancer.He was diagnosed 2 months ago.

To you guys who didn't know him (Don rarely posted)he was one hell of a nice guy! Keep his wife Pat in your prayers and thank god he didn't suffer long....Nathan

Don was indeed a nice guy. I had the opportunity to meet him at Nathan's. I also swapped lures with him a couple of times.

Don, for those of you who never met him, is pictured below along with some of his lures. His original "signature" lure is the top one.

God bless and may he rest in peace.

Gene

Don Minkler.jpg

Minkler Lures.jpg

Don Minkler.jpg

Minkler Lures.jpg

Don Minkler.jpg

Minkler Lures.jpg

Don Minkler.jpg

Minkler Lures.jpg

Don Minkler.jpg

Minkler Lures.jpg

Don Minkler.jpg

Minkler Lures.jpg

Don Minkler.jpg

Minkler Lures.jpg

Don Minkler.jpg

Minkler Lures.jpg

post-11286-0-89959500-1323028054_thumb.jpg

post-11286-0-53736700-1323028149_thumb.jpg

I do not know Don but I have not forgotten his lure since Gene showed me one. His work is beautiful and will live on. I have wondered more than once since that day what possessed Don to carve out the lure body the way he did. More than once I have thought I had it . I am certain the ideas he left will too live on through others.

May he rest in peace.

Man I swear I hear about more and more people with cancer every stinkin day.. When is this crap going to stop. I don't know Don but those cranks look very interesting and original. Love the idea. Wish I had gotten the chance to meet him. Sounds like a heck of guy.

The Rookie

Edited by The_Rookie