cadman

Shakey Spring Clips And Hitch Hiker Screw Locks With Center Post

Guys,

Finally someone is selling these at a reasonable price now without us tackle makers getting ripped off. The spring clips are made in two wire diameters .020 and .024. These look similar to the spring clips used for all of the Do-It shakey molds.

The Hitch Hiker Screw locks have the center post in them, which can be cut off to be used as a Hitch Hiker. These come in small and large.

So who has these....................Shorty's Hooks and Captain Hooks. Shorty's sells these in 100 and 1000 count quantities. Captain Hooks sells them in 25, 50 and 100 count quantities. The price for any and all of these is far cheaper than anything on the web. 1000 quantities of the Spring Clips are priced at almost half of what you would pay on line. They are all stainless Steel, and the standard wire diameter which go in the Do-It mold is(.024 -.025), which is what the spring clips are.

With that said I have some ordered and I will be getting the shortly. Once I get them I will try to see if they fit the Do-It molds and give you guys feedback. So give me about 3 or 4 days, and I should have them and give you all the info you need. If you want more info, feel free to PM me.

Edited by cadman

Cadman,

I have an order for Shorty's and was going to try 1000, I think I will wait until you report back. Thanks for being the "tester"

Ruf-Nec

Not a problem. I ordered 25. I will order several 1000 once I check them out. I figured I would let everyone know if they fit, so they don't go through all the trial and error. I will post pics as well, so you guys can see what they all look like. Maybe they will be in today.

Edited by cadman

Ok guys here is the feedback on the keeper springs and screw locks.

IMG_2591.jpg

I have the following molds for the spring keeper: FBB-6-SLA, SRH-6M-SLA, SRH-6G-SLA AND WRM-6- SLA. Now these keepers come in two wire diameters .020 and .024. See picture above. The 1st spring from left to right is a Do-It mold spring. The second spring is the .020 wire diameter and the 3rd spring is the .024 wire diameter. As far as the other two springs are concerned, you can see that the .020 spring is about the same height as the Do-It spring. The .024 spring however is much taller which poses the following problem. In all of the molds that I have mentioned, the .020 and .024 spring will work in all the cavities except the 1/8 and 1/16 oz cavities. Now the .020 spring will work in the 1/8 and 1/16 oz cavities however you may have to bend the long leg a bit as it is too long and sticks out too close to the sprue hole which may give you incomplete pours. The .024 spring will not fit in the 1/8 and 1/16 oz cavities because as you can see in the picture below, it is longer than the .020 spring and it is harder to try to bend to make it fit. If you look at the picbelow, you can see what I'm trying to explain. In the 1/16 oz cavity, the .024 spring breaches the sprue hole, in the 1/8 oz cavity, the spring is very close to the sprue hole which may cause pouring problems. This happens to all of the molds I mentioned to all of the 1/16 and 1/8 oz cavities. Now as far as the quality of the springs they are excellent, they fit in the molds with no problem as far as sitting in the cavity. Also the .024 diameter wire matches within (.001) of the original, and the spring outside diameter is with-in (.002). So this spring can be used in the Do-It molds I have mentioned with the exceptions noted.

IMG_2589.jpg

Now on the other screw-lok neither of them would fit a Do-It mold, as their outside diameter far exceeds the cavity it needs to go in. See last pic. However I don't believe they are meant for that anyway.

IMG_2592.jpg

If anyone needs more info or dimensions, PM me and I will help you with what you need.

I was afraid it would go like that and from the pic there is not a lot of room should someone take the notion to machine the spring groove longer . Here is a crazy Idea . Shoot a bait with the spring loc in it . Told ya it was crazy . LOL

Toad, I'm not understanding what you mean by "Shoot a bait with the spring loc in it" ?

Excellent info. Thanks for sharing. I don't see these on the Shortys site?

Mags,

They probably didn't put them on the site yet. But they do have them as I know that for a fact. Just call them up. here are the part #s:

.020 Spring Keeper..........MSTK975-008 SCREW......... $30/1000

.024 Spring Keeper..........MSTK975-239 SCREW......... $30/1000

LARGE..........MSTK975-403 HITCH HIKER SCREW LOCK WITH CENTER PIN......... $50/1000

SMALL..........MSTK975-404 HITCH HIKER SCREW LOCK WITH CENTER PIN......... $50/1000

Mags,

They probably didn't put them on the site yet. But they do have them as I know that for a fact. Just call them up. here are the part #s:

.020 Spring Keeper..........MSTK975-008 SCREW......... $30/1000

.024 Spring Keeper..........MSTK975-239 SCREW......... $30/1000

LARGE..........MSTK975-403 HITCH HIKER SCREW LOCK WITH CENTER PIN......... $50/1000

SMALL..........MSTK975-404 HITCH HIKER SCREW LOCK WITH CENTER PIN......... $50/1000

Thanks. That is an excellent price!