Senkosam

miniminnow sticks

Since it's a proven fact that the torpedo shape worm (Senko) works as well as more sophisticated designs, I decided to mold 2 3/4"-3" versions.

A couple of days ago I got bit by 5 species on the same design, nose hooking and using 30# test braid for the multiple pickere bites.

The baits had no salt but cast easily on spinning tackle.

Something to consider, especially for youngsters.

minnow_sticks.jpg

minnow_sticks.jpg

minnow_sticks.jpg

minnow_sticks.jpg

minnow_sticks.jpg

minnow_sticks.jpg

minnow_sticks.jpg

minnow_sticks.jpg

567_thumb.attach

CJ, what kind of fish are they catching with 3' Senkos?!! LOL

Once I poured 4 1/4" and 5 1/4" Senko copies and caught fish on them better than on any worm style, I figured I'd roll a few in the shape of a joint (like in the old days :wink:). They're different than 3" Stik-Os, being slimmer and do well nose-hooked with a 1/0 wide gap. The worm casts 25 yards, no weight and darts back and forth or glides like a small baitfish.

I originally intended them for dropshotting, but once I tested them in the water and saw actions that were similar to 3" Senkos (if ever there was ever such a thing), I knew that the bait would easily catch crappy and smallmouth. It caught 5 prespawn species in less than 15 minutes!

Granted, they were on a feeding frenzy but the door is open for a bait that even kids could catch fish on. Next time I'll make them as soft as Craig's (MicroMunch) baits.

Sam

I forgot to mention that I wasn't rolling joints, but different shapes made from modeling clay, in case anyone got the wrong idea.

I'm not a firm believer in Big Baits = Big Fish.

I'm with you on that one Chris! The largest of 8 pickerel was 19" and the largest bass was over 2 lbs. - all on a stick of plastic measuring less than 3"!

Sam

The smaller baits also seem to work well for me in the summer time and sometimes catch big fish. Glad to see some alot of new faces around this place, it's been a while since I have been here. I'm just getting back into the swing of things and have some really exciting stuff to share with you guys in the coming months.

Nathan