kevin

have a question about a air compressor

guys just bought a aztek a4709 airbrush kit and i was just wondering if i can buy one of those air compressors from walmart of any other craft store or should i go and just pay $150 to $300 dollars for a aztek compressor. i guess what im tring to say is can i get something that will work instead of paying that kind of money for somthing thats going to do the same job for less money. thanks for all you guys help kevin :D

You don't need an Aztek comp. I bought a small comp. at a flea market

in Nashville for $50. And yes it was new. Goes up to 100# and has a 7 gal. tank, works great. Unless you need a comp. for something other than airbrushing about anything will work. Airbrushing is dealing with low press. anyway. What I found more important is a good air regulator.

You need something to control the press 1 to 2 lbs at a time.

So to answer your question, yes the walley world comp. will work fine.

Coley

i seen one at walmart for $100.00 but i guess you have to plumb it to make it work with a airbrush (thats my guess aint to good when it comes about plumbing supplys and how to do it) but i guess ill go and get it on thursday if i cant find anything cheaper on the net. thanks kevin :D

Get yourself some plastic tubing. 3/8" OD it will be in the plumbing

section of Lowes or Home Depot. This stuff goes up to 120 psi and its cheap. The compressor should come with two gages on it, one for tank press. and one for air line press.

Coley

so then i guess you can buy a threaded piece of pipe to put in the hose and then thread it into the air compressor hose. like i said before im dumb founded when it comes to plumbing and stuff thank coley for all your help, kevin

The comp. will have a 3/8" or 1/4" NPT ( this is national pipe thread)

standard fitting. You can buy a fitting that will go in here and will also accept the tubing an the end of it. The fitting will be 1/4" pipe to 3/8"tubing or 3/8" pipe to 3/8" tubing. A fitting for the plastic tubing will have metal a ferrel that slips up inside the tubing to keep it from crushing the

tubing. If you would like for me to I can take some pictures of the fittings and tubing and email them to you, let me know. Also if you send me the model number of the comp. I can check it out at walley world here and

tell you exactly what you need. Is there a Lowes near by, I can tell you the part numbers of the fittings you need, if you tell me how far you are going to run your line and how many 90 degree turns it has?? The tubing by itself will make a sweeping 90 degree turn, this is a large 90 degree turn.

Coley