nedyarb

Cleaning Airbrush Between Colors?

If you've got problems that are that severe you need to get some Createx Airbrush Restorer and soak the front of your brush in it for a few hours. It will dissolve the dried paint and allow you to get the gunk out of the nozzle.

Ben

That should do the trick. You also might want to roll the needle on a flat surface to make sure it isn't bent.

Anybody used the Createx Airbrush Cleaner? I got a jug of it and thought I'd try it as a last resort for this major stoppage I have. I've already tried Acetone with no luck. Gun won't spray nothing but air and the needle is sticking in the open position when I let go of the trigger. I have an Iwata Hi-Line HP-CH. I am about to order something else. :pissed::)

mine did that and the needle was bent straightened out the needle and it worked fine after that,unscrew the front crown and look at the needle

Thanks, guys, for your response. After phoning Ben, I think I have my problem fixed. After soaking the front of the brush in Acetone overnight with no results, I drove 55 miles (one way) this morning to buy some Createx Airbrush Restorer. After a two hour bath in that stuff....my airbrush started coughing up some of the first paint I shot through it (3 months ago). I am now a believer in thoroughly cleaning my brush after every use. Thanks, Ben, for the tip.

Anybody know how to remove the packing nut, etc. inside an Iwata Hi-Line CH?

Thanks

If your still having cleaning issues get a set of the brushes pictured below. Soak the airbrush in the Createx Airbrush Restorer and then run the brush through the packing gland to clean it. No need to take the packing gland out of the brush. (not even sure you can)

Ben

cleaning brushes.jpg

cleaning brushes.jpg

cleaning brushes.jpg

cleaning brushes.jpg

cleaning brushes.jpg

cleaning brushes.jpg

cleaning brushes.jpg

cleaning brushes.jpg

post-21848-0-90455000-1326435167_thumb.jpg

If your still having cleaning issues get a set of the brushes pictured below. Soak the airbrush in the Createx Airbrush Restorer and then run the brush through the packing gland to clean it. No need to take the packing gland out of the brush. (not even sure you can)

Ben

Just ordered from HF.

Thanks to you and Gunnie.

Thanks everyone for the advise. I have been practicing and have found a way that works for me! I start by painting the lightest colors first. After each color I dump the paint out. Backflush twice with water, backflush with Windex Anti Bacterial. And then use a syringe without a needle to shoot waterdown into the cup ad needle. Its been workng good so far. Rob

Thanks everyone for the advise. I have been practicing and have found a way that works for me! I start by painting the lightest colors first. After each color I dump the paint out. Backflush twice with water, backflush with Windex Anti Bacterial. And then use a syringe without a needle to shoot waterdown into the cup ad needle. Its been workng good so far. Rob

That's what it's all about. Finding what works for YOU! Make sure it is ammonia free windex as it has been said the ammonia will take the finish off the brush. It's beyond me if you rinse it off with water but that's the deal.

@nedyarb - Are you having any problem with your finishing coats? I'm wondering if the Windex with Anti bacterial causes finishing coat problems. if not what type of finish do you use? Maybe the final clean water shoot you do removes any residual Windex from your cup. Just curious. If its working for you that's great.