spoonpluggergino

Reef Digger

Now that the lakes are frozen in southern wi. I started making some muskie lures. My last day was December 16th very cold day water temp was 33.1 degree, on the following day the lake was frozen. I am a spoonplugger and Mr Buck Perry made spoonplugs up to 5 inches 800SP which we catch lots of muskie up to 50 inches.

I decided to build my own this year so I build one that is 8-5/8 long by 2-7/8 wide and another 7 inch by 2-1/2 wide. I done some testing and they work fantastic, I was really supprised. It is fun when things work right. I made the baits out of stainless steel .030 thick cut them with metal snips and used my shop box break to make the bends, with out the box break would be almost impossible. The final touch was using a fine grinder for all the rounding and shaving extra metal. The first prototype made them from thick paper plate, than cut out the shape than copied that to the sheet, metal worked great. I will post picture on the photo gallery. Building baits is an addiction, I love it

Gino