lajo1976

Difference In Presto Pot Vs Deep Fryer

What's the difference in a Presto Pot and Deep fryer? I've seen Deep fryers with variable thermostat like a presto pot.

I live in europe and Presto pots isn't availble here. I can buy one from US but the shipping charge is high and I have to convert 220 volt to 110 volt. Deep fryers is availble almost in every kitchen supplier.

Is the heating element and thermostat better/diffrent on a Presto Pot?

Thanks! 

/Joakim 

The biggest differance is the pot. A deep fryer is thin alumiumn and the presto is more like a pan and disperses the heat much better. I tried a deep fryer and it had a hot spot on the bottom that kept burning plastic. I would think you would be better off with a large pot say 6qt and a hot plate. If you want some other ideas and are willing to build one I could let you know which parts you need if you have a store like Mcmaster carr there. Or if the shipping is less for those parts. Frank

Frank,

I would like to see what design you have. A presto pot is too big for the baits that I do and would love to build me a small pot with temperature control. I have a full machine shop to make whatever I need material wise.

Thanks,

Scott