• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 saltshaker

Advanced Member

• TU Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 500 posts
Posted 28 December 2011 - 08:43 PM

I'll have about 100 accessories for my Dremel, so, maybe I'll have some stuff to do what I need. My luck 90% will be for buffin'. :unsure:

Edited by saltshaker, 28 December 2011 - 08:45 PM.

#22 RayburnGuy

Advanced Member

• TU Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,930 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 03:29 AM

I bought the Dremel Keyless Chuck so I could use the small "letter" size drill bits in my Dremel. It's not only much easier and quicker to change tools and bits, but has proven invaluable with a much greater range of tools that that can be used.

#23 Sonny.Barile

Advanced Member

• TU Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 11:29 AM

Im with you on that BobP I tried using a 3/4 hp. router/table for rounding over some big lures. I tried white pine and had the blank grab and explode into my face. I then tried an oak blank and found out it just hurts more when you get hit with it. Had a few get sucked in to.....I like my fingers to much to continue down that path.

IMO the best thing I have ever purchased to build lures was a 1" X 30" Belt/5" Disk combo. Cost me about $60. I dont even precut my blanks anymore. I use the disk to shape them and then tilt the table to 45 degrees and run it on the edges. If I have any compound shapes I use the belt. I do the final rounding with a rotary tool (B and D) with a little sanding wheel. Final cleanup with fine sandpaper by hand. Takes about 20 minutes from start to finish and it is ready to seal. I lose alot of lures so I have gotten pretty fast at making them...LOL